Caring for LAGOS Diamonds
LAGOS diamond designs are crafted using the highest quality natural stones available.LAGOS diamonds are not synthetic. Diamonds are naturally hard, but they are not indestructible; they can become chipped or scratched if not handled properly. Special attention is required in the care, cleaning and storage of diamond jewelry.
Over time, diamonds can begin to build-up residue from normal wear. Diamonds can be cleaned using a slightly soapy solution (1 part mild dishwashing liquid + 10 parts water). Place your jewelry into this solution and scrub lightly using a soft toothbrush. Rinse under cool water and repeat as needed. After cleaning wipe with a soft, lint-free cloth to ensure your piece is thoroughly dry.
When you’re not wearing your diamond jewelry, be sure to keep it stored in a LAGOS pouch. This will keep it from coming into contact with other jewelry and eliminate dust or surface residue.
For optimum diamond jewelry care – remember these key rules:
- Regularly inspect your diamond jewelry to make sure the setting is secure.
- Remove diamond rings before washing your hands.
- To protect your LAGOS diamonds natural sparkle do not put on lotion, make-up, or hair products while wearing your jewelry.
- Avoid extreme temperatures in your LAGOS diamond jewelry.
- Do not place diamond jewelry in an ultrasonic cleaner as this may cause the diamonds to become loose. Do not steam clean diamonds.
- Do not use any abrasive or any household cleaners while wearing your diamond jewelry. Do not rub diamonds with an abrasive cloth.
Please email us at contact@LAGOS.com with any questions you may have about our cleaning options.